Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Just another random post


I had a lot of random things to write about but none of them were really long enough to fill one post so I figured I'd just combine some stuff into one random (probably rambling) post!
First off is my trip to NYC last weekend with Courtney. I love going on sister trips and it seems like it had been awhile since we had gone on one. When Courtney asked me if she could take me to NYC as my Christmas/Birthdy gift of course I said YES!!!  I was surprised at how easy it was for us to get to the city from our house. It took us only a little over 2 hours to get to NJ and then we had an 8 minute ferry ride and we were there!


We did A LOT of walking and both our phones died but it was all worth it. We went to see First Date. It was a great broadway musical. It was hilarious and the acting and singing were great. I would love to go see it again. If anyone is going to NYC anytime soon it is definitely worth checking out. After the show we accidentally ended up in the waiting area for meeting the cast and we got autographs and Zachary Levi the male lead in the show stayed and made sure he signed everyone's playbill and took pictures with everyone. 
Konnor and Korey had a great "guys day" back at home!
Second random thought is about an app I use on my phone called Viggle. It's free and I got it sometime at the beginning of the year. I kind of forgot about it for awhile and then started using it again recently. It is great!  Basically you check in to tv shows and get points for watching tv. You get one point for each minute and there are a ton of bonus points you can earn for checking in to popular shows that are on most nights. You can redeem your points for gift cards ,merchandise, and more. So far I've gotten $50 worth of Lowes gift cards which we've used some of to buy paint to fix up the house. It can take awhile to earn enough points but if you remember to check in to shows and you're smart about it, you can earn points fairly quickly also. 
Another thing I've been thinking about iswhat  to get Konnor for his birthday and for Christmas. I feel like we need to get him some new interactive toys. Right now he has a lot of trucks, tractors, cars, etc that he likes to push and throw across the floor. I think he needs some other toys though so if anyone has any suggestions for a one year old boy we are happy to hear them. 
We also had some visitors from Charleston recently. Our friends Ciara and Elliot stopped by and Korey took the day off so we could hang out with them. It was great seeing them again. We miss all our friends we've made in our travels and we are always happy when anyone comes to visit!  We spent the day going to a corn maze, having lunch outside, getting pumpkin spice lattes and ice cream and playing settlers of catan. It was fun!

I'm sure there are more random things I could write about but I think that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment