Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Konnor Effect

Whenever you are pregnant people like to give you advice and tell you about all the fun things you have to look forward to.  Since we had Konnor there have been a lot of fun things, but I may have a new favorite. When we go anywhere with Konnor there are always people who come up to us and tell us how cute he is, or ask how old he is, or what his name is, and they tell us all about their kids and grand kids. It never fails. This happens every single time. Whether we are grocery shopping, at the mall, out to dinner, or anywhere else. I love it. I mean who doesn't love getting told how cute their kid is?!  But that's not the main reason I love it. I love it because it's wonderful to see someone else light up just from seeing Konnor. I love how big they smile when they see him. I love that they like talking to him and making faces at him. And I really do love hearing about all their own kids and grand kids!  It's so nice to hear how proud people are of their own children and grandchildren. Anytime someone comes over to talk to Konnor and me, I try to make sure I don't rush and that we take the time to listen and talk back! Konnor will reach his hand out to people in the store and if we stop by someone he will start babbling like he's carrying on a conversation with them.   It makes their day and mine too. I'm sure a lot of parents experience this and I hope they enjoy it as much as I do! I like to call it the Konnor Effect :). I hope he stays this friendly and chatty and I hope he is still making people smile for years to come!  We love this little guy and I'm so glad he gives me the chance to talk to so many more people when I'm out.


No comments:

Post a Comment