Wednesday, June 25, 2014

8 years



On Monday Korey and I celebrated 8 years of being married!  8 years??? It's crazy that it's been 8 years already. It's even crazier that we've been together for 15 years!!  I still remember the day he chased me down the hall in high school and asked me out.  I feel very lucky that we found each other so early and that we've gotten to share so many experiences with each other already! 
 




So far together we have lived in 5 different states, rented several apartments and houses, bought our first house, got two crazy dogs, had our wonderful son Konnor, made some important job changing decision, visited several countries and states, ran a couple half marathons and triathlons, made amazing friends, and so much more. Korey is still my best friend after all this time. He knows everything about me and whenever something happens good or bad he is the first person I want to tell about it!



Things have definitely changed over the years but we've learned to change together and to go with the flow.  We used to be able to go out together whenever we wanted but now it's not that easy to go do something just the two of us. We try and take every opportunity we have to go out together but we also enjoy hanging out at home together after Konnor's asleep just catching up on TV, movies, talking, and sometimes playing a game. 



Having a child is WONDERFUL...but it can also be stressful. There are definitely those nights when Konnor wakes up and stays awake for hours where Korey and I in our sleep deprived state end up mad at each other over crazy stuff. Despite those times, we really enjoy being parents. I love seeing Konnor get excited when Korey gets home from work and how excited Korey gets every time Konnor says Daddy!  I also appreciate how Korey never makes me feel anything less than an amazing mother. Even in moments when I feel like I'm failing miserably, he is always the one to tell me that I'm doing a good job. 


8 years...so much has happened and I can't wait to spend several more years together and see what other adventures are in store for us!  Love you Korey! Happy Anniversary!  Thanks for always being there for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment