Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wanderlust... and house stuff

wan·der·lust
n. A very strong or irresistible impulse to travel.
 
I feel like it has been too long since we went on a vacation.  I know it really probably hasn't been that long at all. Now that it is nice out though, I just have a strong urge to travel and go on a vacation!  Thank goodness we have our Jamaica trip booked for September.  It gives me something to look forward to.  Although it also stresses me out a little because it will be the first time we leave Konnor for a week and go somewhere alone!  I can't wait until he is older and we can take him on vacations where he will actually enjoy them and remember them!  There are so many places we want to go, and so many places we've already been that we want to go back to again!
Enough about traveling for now.  The house is pretty much still the same.  We haven't really done anything new to it recently.  This weekend Korey is going to try and get a fan up in the dining room/sunroom.  I think the first two rooms I want to paint are Konnor's room and the hall bathroom downstairs.  The bathroom is small so it shouldn't take too long.  Our problem has been that when the weekend comes we would much rather be outside exploring the area and having fun!  I guess soon though we will have to start working on some of the projects we want to do or we will never get anything done to the house!
I still miss Charleston most days.  When I go for runs on the hilly roads and have to dodge cars, I miss the bridge to run on and my nice large neighborhood in Mt. Pleasant.  Our neighborhood here is really tiny.  Just one little loop that is only a half mile to run around.  It stinks because I haven't really found anywhere I can run with Konnor.  We have a really nice jogging stroller but nowhere to really jog.  I took him for a walk the other day around the downtown area which was nice, but it really wasn't a good area to try jogging.  The sidewalks are all bumpy and it would have been a disaster!  Maybe I"ll just have to suck it up and jog with him around the neighborhood loop a few times just like if I was running on a track. 
Korey and I have been talking about what we want to do for our anniversary that is coming up soon.  Grandma and Grandpa Kelso (my parents) are coming to visit and they offered to watch Konnor for us so we could go out for the day on Saturday.  We've talked about maybe going to Baltimore for the day or even Philadelphia. So hopefully the weather is nice and we can find something fun to do in either of those cities. 
For now here are a few pictures of the house.  I will take more of the rest of the house and post them soon!  (Just overlook the mess)
Living Room

Kitchen 

Sunroom/Dining Room (with Korey's ladder ready for putting up the fan)

Basement/workout room/Man Cave/Craft Area/Laundry room





  



Office/Library


Entry hallway

deck 





front porch


Back yard






























No comments:

Post a Comment