Tuesday, August 13, 2013

9 months

It's hard to believe that Konnor is now 9 months old.  November 10th will be here before we know it and he will be one!  It's crazy to think that much time has passed already.  I was thinking about it the other day and I wrote down some things we've learned in the last 9 months...
  • Giving birth is HARD.. It's probably the hardest thing I've ever done.  (It was even worse than student teaching was for me... and for those of you who know me, student teaching made me crazy!)
  • You can survive on very little sleep (Korey already knew this from being in the Navy).  I love sleep, but i've learned to catch up by taking naps and to enjoy my time awake in the middle of the night with Konnor.
  • Talking about poop color, consistency, regularity and so on becomes a normal conversation with your significant other and other moms!
  • Leaving the house requires a lot more planning (For me this means I usually have to run back into the house a couple more times than I already used to)!
  • Car seats/car rides may be your best friend one week and your worst enemy the next!
  • The month sizes listed on kids clothing mean nothing.  Every kid is so different.  Konnor has been wearing 12 month stuff since he was about 7 months old and he now wears 12-18mo for most things.
  • Books on parenting can be EVIL!  There are so many books out there on how to raise your child, how to put them to sleep, what to feed them when and on and on.  Some books can be helpful but for the most part I've found they just confuse me more or make me feel like a horrible parent.  For every book out there on one method of doing something, there is another book telling you that method is wrong.
  • Dishes Dishes and MORE dishes!  Every day I feel like I wash bottles, spoons and food containers over and over and over again.  I should not complain about the bottle washing though.  As most of you know for the first 6 months Konnor refused to take a bottle.  This was hard because it meant I really couldn't leave the house for too long and Korey was sad he didn't get the chance to feed Konnor.  Somewhere around 7 months though Konnor decided bottles weren't evil and he just started drinking from them.  Korey now gets to feed Konnor and I get to wash bottles all day long!
  • Time flies!  There are always times in life where I've felt like it was just flying by, but now it feels like that all the time!  Konnor changes so much every day and it's so fun to watch him grow, but I really wouldn't mind if he slowed down just a little!
  • And finally... Being a parent is the BEST feeling in the world.  Korey and I always knew we wanted to have kids.  Because he was in the Navy and working/gone often the first few years we were married we decided we would wait to have kids.  Then after waiting awhile it seemed to take us FOREVER to finally get pregnant.  All that doesn't matter now though.  We have Konnor and we could not be happier!

I'm sure there are a million other things we have learned that I didn't get to this time, but this is a pretty good list for now.  I'll leave you with just a few pictures of Konnor over the past 9 months!




No comments:

Post a Comment