Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Since it is New Years Eve I of course had to write something about the past year!  2012 was a GREAT year!  A lot of wonderful things happened.  Korey and I got to go on a lot of great trips.  We went on 7 day cruise to some great tropical places, we went to Key West for the first time, we took a trip to the mountains in NC, we went home to Brookville and also up to New Hampshire and we of course made our way to Orlando for a long weekend.  We got to participate in "Uncle" Kody's wedding and welcomed "Aunt" Chelsea into the family.  I ran the bridge run again and Korey participated in his first Sprint Triathlon and did amazing.  He is also training for his first Half Marathon that he will run in a couple weeks!
Of course the most amazing and wonderful thing that happened to us in 2012 is that we became parents and welcomed Konnor into our family!  We have been super excited about him for almost the whole year!  After trying for almost a year, we found out in February we were pregnant, we spent the next 9 months anticipating his arrival, and on November 10th we welcomed him into the world!  We fell in love with him the minute he was born and we love him more and more each day.  Along with being thankful for Konnor, we are also extremely thankful for ALL our friends and family who kept our secret for such a long time, who showered us with love and presents and advice, and who have been with us through the whole experience.  I can't even begin to thank everyone and let them know how truly appreciative we are!
Unfortunately Korey had to work this New Years Eve.  Konnor, Bella, Chloe, and I will be ringing in the New Year from our cozy living room.  But,seeing as midnight is only 5 minutes away now and Konnor is fast asleep in the Mama Roo, and Bella and Chloe are fast asleep at my feet.. I guess I will be the only one awake to ring in the New Year! 
I hope 2013 is just as great as 2012 has been for us.  I hope that Korey finds a new job that he loves.  I hope we get to go on our trip out West and/or to Hawaii.  I hope we are able to go to our trip we have booked to Jamaica next September.  Along with hoping for all these things I am also looking forward to spending more time with friends and family and to being a part of Lisa's wedding!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!  WE HOPE 2013 IS A GREAT YEAR FOR EVERYONE!

My New Years Eve crew

Love this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment