Sunday, January 13, 2013

2 month shots, running, and the lip...

Konnor is now two months old!!  Some days it seems like it is going too fast, and other days it seems like it isn't going fast enough :)  I don't want him to get old too quick, but at the same time it will be nice to see him responding to us more, sitting up on his own, sleeping through the night...
He got his first shots on Thursday.  The receiving the shots part did not go too bad.  He screamed a little right as he was getting the shots, but he recovered quickly and even smiled at us after.  When we got home from the appointment he slept a little and seemed like he was doing okay!  I went for a run that night and as soon as I left the house, Konnor started screaming and crying and poor Korey had an inconsolable baby for a good 30 minutes.  When I got back from my run I googled stuff about first shots and found that taking the band aids off sometimes helps!  It did!  Almost as soon as we took the band aids off, he stopped screaming.  He still cried a little after that while we gave him a bath and tried to massage his legs a little, but nothing like the screaming he was doing before.  We also ended up giving him a little baby Tylenol.  He slept pretty normal that night (which lately means not for very long at all and waking up every hour).  By the next day he was all good to go!
This week I actually got to run quite a bit and I love it!  Sometimes I hate when I'm actually running, but it feels good to know I'm running so much again and working at getting faster again.  The Princess Half Marathon is going to be here before I know it!  I ran 6 out of 7 days this week and I ran a total of 22 miles!  Hopefully I can run a couple half marathons this year and a bunch of 5ks.
The lip... Konnor now has been giving us what we call "the lip" when he is about to get upset.  He sticks his little lower lip out into a pout and gives the saddest (but also cutest) little look before he starts to cry or gets upset.  It is like our little warning that he is about to have a meltdown over something!  As sad as the lip is, it is also one of the cutest things he does.  Every time we see it now we just say "oh no... there's the lip" :)
Overall things are going pretty well.  The only thing I would change is the sleeping!  I don't know how he went from sleeping 4 or 5 hours at a time and then even twice sleeping 6 hours.. to now waking up so often.  He isn't hungry when he wakes up, and he doesn't need anything other than to be rocked back to sleep.  Luckily the pack'n play is at the end of the bed and so I can usually just crawl down there and rock him back to sleep pretty quick and then go back to sleep myself, without really waking up completely.  I just wish he would sleep through the whole time since he goes at least 6 hours before he gets hungry at night.  Oh well.  Maybe some day again.  Until then I'll just be good with taking naps and continue to get better at sleep crawling and rocking :)
Here are a few new pictures!  Some are from Konnors first real trip to the beach!  The weather has been beautiful the past few days and so we went down to the beach for a couple hours in our upper 70's weather! :)



On our way to the beach






Heading Home

Time for bed.  Life as a beach bum is rough!

2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment