Tuesday, July 23, 2013

4th of July...just a little late

I finally got my pictures from my other camera onto the computer!  Unfortunately I didn't remember to take my camera with me to most of the 4th of July stuff we did, but at least I had my phone. 
As I think I mentioned in an earlier post, we were hoping to go to Charleston for the 4th of July.  Korey had Thursday and Friday off so we thought maybe it would be a good time to go back and visit.  The more we got to thinking about it though we figured it really probably wouldn't be worth it.  By the time we drove the 9.5 hours there (most likely 11 hours with Konnor) and got some sleep, we wouldn't really have too much time to try and visit everyone and hang out before we had to turn around and drive back again.  So we decided going home to Brookville would be an easier trip and just as fun!
On Thursday the actual 4th of July, we went to Konnor's Great Grandma Brown's house for a picnic!  We had lots of fun!  Konnor did a great job entertaining everyone along with his cousin Emma, who we got to meet for the first time that day!  She was adorable.  It's hard to believe Konnor was that small not that long ago!
On Friday we went out to Deer Meadow Campground to my family's camper and had a picnic.  Konnor had fun hanging out and napping while we played some cards and ate.  We also got to go swimming!  Konnor loved the pool.  He stayed in long enough to make himself tired and then when we decided it was time to get out, he wasn't very happy! :)
On Saturday we went out to Korey's family's cabin and hung out.  We took the dogs with us and they had a blast swimming in the water there.  Konnor enjoyed sitting outside in the shade and visiting with family!  Later that night we went over to see my Grandma and then headed home so we could get up and drive back the next day.
It was a great weekend.  Busy as usual, but still great!  Hopefully next time we go home we can see some of the people we didn't get to see on this trip and maybe stay for a little bit longer.
Here are some pictures from the 4th of July weekend!




























No comments:

Post a Comment